On line retailers

Moderator: Cannar Wilm

On line retailers

Postby Matt Hudson » 17 Oct 2012, 15:19

Okay, Darksphere have stopped posting out GW products now due to issues they have had so can only collect instore now.

I've used Maelstrom Games before but not impressed with their customer service when I had a fault with the goods that they sent me.

Therefore my question is who do you guys use for your online GW purchases now? Asking as want to finish my Eldar off and get a Vindicator or two for my Blood Angels...
Matt Hudson
Club Chairman

Re: On line retailers

Postby Tony Berry » 17 Oct 2012, 23:23

If you're not in a hurry to receive your goods, then buying online can save quite a bit, obviously the cost of postage can make the stuff you buy no cheaper than buying from GW.
Wayland Games offer free p&p every now and then using a promotional code, I've ordered from them a few times, but sometimes the delivery takes as long as three weeks! I suspect they don't keep much in stock (although they say they do).
Gifts for Geeks are excellent for delivery times, but I tend to wait until I've got a largish order to get value from the postage charge (cheapskate).
Look at ebay too, alot of sellers have brand new items very cheap, but beware a bidding war, I've watched stuff sell for more than the RRP (once you include the poastage).
There's a couple of things I need from Gifts for Geeks, if you're interested in combining an order let me know at soldierant@live.com
Tony Berry

Postby Mark Langley » 18 Oct 2012, 12:55

I never had any issues with Maelstrom but I know others have. In fairness I can't remember the last time I bought a model online though, I think it may have been some Empire stuff in 2008.
Mark Langley

Postby Matt Hudson » 11 Nov 2012, 15:55

FYI - Maelstrom Games have gone into liquidation.

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/

Can't say that I'm that surprised as the 'no selling of GW outside of the EU' hurt them as they used to do a lot of business with Oz.
Matt Hudson
Club Chairman

Postby SteveT » 11 Apr 2014, 15:00

I'm having problems contacting Arcane Miniatures - they are not responding to e-mails and their phone number is not working. Also they have been taken off the list of traders at Salute - although they are still sending e-mailed adverts out!!! My advice is don't order anything from them at present.
SteveT

Return to Non Club Chat